While bulk SMS marketing is one of the best and most effective ways of reaching out to the customer, one huge drawback is thatit can be mistaken for spam. Over the past few years, with the increased use of this form of marketing in various niches, SMS spam has become more prevalent.
It is, therefore, highly essential for any business to know how to navigate through this challenge and ensure that every message sent is not mistaken for a spam attempt.
Spam texts increased during the Covid-19 period, with many people falling for messages such as payment for waiting deliveries. Scammers capitalized on the increased adoption of online shopping to steal from consumers.
Luckily, you can stay ahead of such inefficiencies and ensure that all your bulk texts are recognized as genuine messages from your business.
Here are some steps to help you do that:
Give customers confidence in your communications
Over the past two years, various businesses have been utilizing the power of bulk SMS more than ever before. This communication channel has perpetually remained pivotal in communicating with customers at every stage of change, communicating how services are offered, or introducing new products.
To ensure the success of your bulk SMS marketing efforts, here are some crucial points to incorporate in your strategy before hitting the send button:
- Company Name – Make sure that every message sent to a customer includes a recognizable name – mostly the name of your business. This is particularly so if you haven’t opened up 2-way SMS communication.
- Opt-Ins – Ensure that your customers have given you consent to send them bulk SMS messaging
- Accuracy – Double-check the messages you send to customers to ensure there are no spelling mistakes and that everything is accurate. Ensure that the message is short, clear, and free of grammatical errors.
- Personalization – Address each customer by their first name in your messages. They relate better this way as it gives them a feeling that you know them.
- Opt-Outs – Always give them an easy way to opt-out of the service.
These are just a handful of ways to ensure your contacts recognize your text messages are legitimate, intended for them, and not harmful.
Integrate Your Bulk SMS with Verification Services
Suppose you have a stellar email marketing solution, one where you have built a good reputation. In that case, you can integrate it with your bulk SMS and leverage its success to build credibility in your bulk SMS solution.
The integration provides more comprehensive branding, and it inspires confidence among the customers across conversations.
You can integrate your bulk SMS marketing with other parties that provide sender verification options. These solutions offer real peace of mind to your SMS marketing database amidst the proliferation of spam attempts.
Build Your Customers’ Confidence Today!
Communication customers can trust is crucial in running a successful text messaging campaign. It doesn’t matter which channel you use. Following the above simple steps is a great way to start, and with the additional integration solution, you can do so much more to remain relevant.
Luckily, for more ways of ensuring your bulk SMS are not mistaken for spam, Celcom Africa can help your business establish a relationship of trust and loyalty with your customers.
Check out the list of the best Bulk SMS providers and select the best that best match your business needs and reflect your desired SMS marketing.